10 Facts about Tigers
Tigers is the dangerous wild animal of the world ans tiger is the largest member of the cat family. Tigers are the most variable size of all big cats species. Male tigers vary in total length from 250 to 390 cm (8.2 to 12.8 ft) Female tigers vary in the total length 200 to 275 cm (6.56 to 9.02). There were once nine subspecies of the tigers: Bengal, Siberian, Indochinese, South Chinese, Sumatran, Malayan, Caspian, Javan and Bail. Lets look at the 10 Facts about Tigers.
10. Tigers are the largest of all cats, but also have the most variable sizes in all countries tigers. The largest subspecies, the Siberian tiger, grows to over 3.5m long with a mass of over 300k. The smallest subspecies, the Sumatran tiger, is only around 2m long and 100 kg when fully grown.
9. Tigers live for about 25 years both in captivity and in the wild.
8. Tigers do not shy away from water and enjoy bathing in streams and lakes to escape the heat in hot climates. It is strong to swimmer and often bathes in ponds, lakes and rivers, thus keeping cool in the heat of the day
7. Tigers have night vision that is six times better than that of humans, which helps them hunt successfully in the dark.
6. Today, there are five subspecies of tiger: Bengal, South china, Indochinese, Sumatran and Siberian. Sadly, three subspecies of tiger have become extinct- Caspian, Bali and Javan.
5. Tigers are solitary hunters, and generally search for food alone at night. They quietly stalk their prey until are close enough to pounce- then they kill their victim with a bite to the neck or back of the head.
4. Tigers are carnivores, eating only meat. they mainly feed on large mammals such as deer, wild pigs, antelope and buffalo.
3. The range of these big cats can be between 20km to 400km. Scent marking allows tigers to communicate with other tigers in their range.
2. Population, In the early 1900s, there are 100,000 tigers throughout their range. Today an an estimated 3,890 in the world. Most of tigers lives Asia side.
1. Tigers are 2 million years old and the oldest fossil remains of tigers are believed to be about 2 million years old. They were found in various areas of China.
Tigers are favorite animal for many peoples. The tiger was recently name the favorite animal of people. Tigers are very dangerous animal but we will save for our natural animals. So we will Support of Save tigers life.